How can I Customize Assignments?
Option 1: To create a customized Assignment from your Curriculum page, click on the “Assign” icon next to the Assignment Topic and select “Advanced Options” .
Option 2: To create a customized Assignment from the Class Assignment page, click on the “Create New” button on the right-hand side of the page.
You can customize Assignments by following the steps below.
By default, Assignments will go to the whole class. If you want to create the Assignment to a specific group of students:
- Click “Choose Students”. This will open up a menu listing all the students in your class.
2. Click the check boxes next to the name(s) of the student(s) you want to create the assignment for.
Select Question Types
By default, Assignments will include all question types. If you want to customize these question types for a specific Assignment:
- Click on the blue box. You will be taken to a new screen where you can preview different question types in that topic.
- Note: If you are creating an Assignment from the “Class Assignments” page, you will need to add a Topic first.
- Click on “Choose Question Types”. This will allow you to select or deselect any question type that is included in that topic. At least two question types must be selected to create the Assignment.
Be sure to click “Save Changes” when you have finished.
Number of Problems and Question Options
By default, Assignments will have however many questions you originally specified in your “Class Assignments” section of “Class Settings”. Similarly, question options will, by default, be whatever was originally selected. If you want to customize these options for a specific Assignment:
- Select the dropdown for the number of problems per topic. From here, select 5, 10, 15, 20, or ALL.
- Specify if you would like students to see the same set of problems (which are also in the same order). You may also choose whether or not to allow a second try on each question.
Start and Due Dates
By default, Assignments will be sent to students upon creation and the due date will be 7 days out. Teachers also have the option to specify whether students will be able to submit the assignment after the due date and time. If this is not selected, the Assignment will disappear from student view after the due date. Teachers can set a specific start and due date/time through this “Advanced Options” option.
Once finished, be sure to click “Create”.
If you have additional questions about TenMarks Math, please use the SEARCH feature above or email email@example.com.