Note: TenMarks will no longer be available after the 2018-2019 school year. Licenses for TenMarks Math and Writing will be honored through June 30, 2019. If you're a current customer, you should have received an email outlining what this means for you. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
What are Assignments?
Assignments provide standards-based practice to complement your instruction.
How can I create a Class Assignment?
You can create Assignments directly from the Curriculum tab:
- Navigate to the “Work” tab and select “Curriculum.”
- Scroll over the paper-and-pencil icon on the right side of each assignment title to see the “Assign” icon.
- Click “Assign Now.” To customize the assignment or question types, click “Advanced Options.”
How can I use Assignments?
For best results, use Assignments to inform and reinforce your daily instruction. Assignments can be created at all grade levels to help address individual student needs.
Consider using TenMarks Assignments for:
- Previewing concepts: Use Demo Student to introduce a concept and model effective problem-solving approaches.
- Low-stakes individual practice: Use TenMarks Assignments as classwork or homework to practice concepts taught during instruction.
- Group or partner work: Create assignments with the same questions so that students can work collaboratively.
- Formative assessment: Check for student understanding before, during, and after teaching a math concept. Use Top 3 Common Mistakes to inform whole-class instruction or small-group intervention.
- Differentiation: Create Assignments for individuals or groups of students to review prerequisite skills, reinforce grade-level concepts, or offer opportunities for extension. Once students complete an Assignment, use One-Click Differentiation to automatically assign appropriate Personal Work to students.
What are Assignments like for students?
Students can find Assignments in the Classwork section of their Home Page.
Assignment questions have a variety of formats and levels of difficulty. As they work, students have access to hints and video tutorials. Encourage students to use these embedded supports (they are awarded points when they do so).
Students are allowed two attempts for each question by default (you can select or deselect this option when creating the Assignment). Students receive immediate feedback, including an explanation for incorrect answers.
After submitting a TenMarks Assignment, students receive overall feedback and results are accessible for students in the “Reports” section of the student account.
How can I monitor student progress?
You can access detailed Assignment performance on the “Assignment Details” page by navigating to the “Class Assignments” tab and clicking the specific assignment title. Assignment performance will be displayed for those students who have completed the assignment.
Check out the “Reports” section to view more detailed data.
If you have additional questions about TenMarks Math, please use the SEARCH feature above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.