Note: TenMarks will no longer be available after the 2018-2019 school year. Licenses for TenMarks Math and Writing will be honored through June 30, 2019. If you're a current customer, you should have received an email outlining what this means for you. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are TenMarks Writing Teacher Resources?
We provide a comprehensive set of resources for planning and grading to help you build a strong community of confident, independent writers. The Resources also help you get the most out of TenMarks Writing Coach, our online tool that scaffolds the writing process from end to end.
Teacher Resources include:
- Day-by-day unit plans for Opinion/Argumentative, Informational, and Response to Literature essays for grades 4-8. We’ve suggested three sequences for each genre, depending on how much instructional time you have.
- Daily lesson plans that outline how to teach a specific writing strategy, concept, or skill, and provide advice for differentiation.
- Supporting materials such as activity sheets or sets, anchor charts, and graphic organizers, that accompany each lesson plan, including pre-filled samples to help with modeling.
- Guidance in lesson on how to support students in using Writing Coach as they progress through each step of a writing project.
- Student-friendly rubrics that capture the qualities of good writing for each genre and correspond to the characteristics embedded in Writing Coach.
Where can I find Teacher Resources?
- Select the “Teacher Resources” tab.
- Scroll down to navigate to the prefered genre of Teacher Resources. Click “View Unit” to access the genre page.
How can I use Writing Teacher Resources?
TenMarks Writing Teacher Resources are designed to save you time and support highly effective differentiated writing instruction in your classroom.
Consider using Teacher Resources for:
- Whole class instruction: Lessons are designed to target specific writing strategies and skills.
- Small group instruction: Use data from the online Writing Coach to identify groups of students who need support in a particular area of their writing, then use lessons to remediate.
- Differentiation: Use suggestions from the If/Then table included in each lesson to anticipate and address the individual learning needs of your students.
- Long-term planning: We’ve grouped daily lessons into recommended sequences to help guide students through each phase of the writing process. Choose a sequence based on the needs of your students and the amount of instructional time available.
- Student ownership of learning: Review the student-friendly rubric with students before they begin writing so they know the expectations. Provide them with copies to self-evaluate or peer-review.
What is the TenMarks Writing Teacher Resources experience like for students?
Students learn to embrace writing and build confidence as writers. They engage in rich discussions and activities in each lesson, including peer review at select moments in the unit. Each lesson provides suggestions for differentiated instruction to help you anticipate and address student needs in the moment.
The If/Then table provided in every lesson includes ideas for students who struggle, as well as for fast finishers and students who are ready to dive deeper or go further. Suggestions relate to the lesson and task the students are engaged in—no more busywork!
Sample If/Then Table
If you have additional questions about TenMarks Writing, please use the SEARCH feature above or email email@example.com.