What is One-Click Differentiation?
TenMarks One-Click Differentiation is an easy way for you to automatically assign differentiated Personal Work to students based on their performance on Assignments and Assessments.
How can I use One-Click Differentiation?
Personal Work recommendations generated from One-Click Differentiation are based on student performance and follow a trajectory of the concept that was assessed on the original Assignment or Assessment:
- Students who score below 60% will receive Review Work Recommendations designed to fill gaps.
- Students who score between 60% and 80% (Assessments only) will receive Practice Work Recommendations, which will provide them with Assignments related to the concepts that were assessed.
- Students who score over 80% will receive Challenge Work Recommendations designed to enrich and extend understanding.
Some useful ways to think about using One-Click-Differentiation and Personal Work include:
- Changing your Settings so that recommendations are automatically accepted.
- Accepting Personal Work Recommendations from a TenMarks Standard Level Assessment at the beginning of a unit so students receive differentiated assignments that will scaffold and prepare them for a post-unit assessment.
- Using an Assignment data tracker so that students can track their scores on Class Assignments as well as Personal Work Assignments and see their growth over time.
How can I find One-Click Differentiation?
- Click on the “Work” tab.
- Click on “Class Assignments.”
- Navigate to the Assignment Results for a completed Class Assignment by clicking on that particular Assignment title.
Scroll about halfway down the page to find a box titled “One-Click Differentiation.”
Check/uncheck the boxes and click “Accept Recommendations” if you wish to accept only one type of recommendation.
What is One-Click Differentiation like for students?
Assignments generated through One-Click Differentiation appear in Personal Work as 10-question Assignments. Students will not be able to tell that these Assignments were generated automatically based on their performance on previous Assignments.
How can I monitor student progress?
You can view student progress on Personal Work through the Assignment Report (by standard only). Once the report has loaded, you can click on the “Work” dropdown and filter the report to show only Personal Work.
If you have additional questions about TenMarks Math, please use the SEARCH feature above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.